Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Message in a Bottle

So I have been trying to read all of Nicholas Sparks's books and right now I am reading Message in a Bottle. Nicholas Sparks is by far my favorite author. I love to read chick-flicks and love stories. When I first started reading this book I thought that I had read it before. Apparently it is a movie too? I don't know. After the first couple of chapters I realized that I haven't read it. Maybe the beginning is like another book I have read. I don't remember what book though, probably one that I read a long time ago. Anyway, back to the book, the main character, Theresa, finds a message in a bottle, in the ocean, hence the title, Message in a Bottle. It's a long love note written by a man named Garret and addressed to a woman named Catherine. Theresa writes articles for the Boston Times and publishes this letter in the newspaper. A few days later, some lady calls her and says that she found a letter a while back from Garret too. There was also a third letter that Theresa found on the internet. So now she is almost in love with this Garret person and she doesn't even know who he is or what he looks like. The only information she knows is that he might live somewhere near Wilmington or Wrightsville Beach, which is in North Carolina. She is very indecisive and can't decide if she should go look for him or not. If I were her, I would not go looking for him because if someone just showed up at my house and said "Hey, I found your letter in the ocean and I think I might be in love with you," I would be creeped out. I don't know what I would do. So maybe this Garret person will say the same thing as I did, or maybe not. There is only one way to know..

No comments:

Post a Comment