Friday, November 4, 2011

Currently

Books Read This Week:
Sing You Home by Jodi Picoult
Ella Enchanted by Gail Levine

Pages Read This Week: 191
Pages Read This Semester: 1882

Favorite Sentences of the Week:
1. "When he saw the treat, he smiled and trotted to me, both hands extended." (Ella Enchanted)
 - This sentence is about a horse named Apple. It reminds me of a horse I used to ride named Clifford. He had to be put down about two weeks ago because he was sick and wasn't recovering well. He was a good horse and he loved treats.

2. "I turned my head and managed to kiss a wing as he flew to perch on a high shelf." (Ella Enchanted)
 - A parrot ordered Ella to kiss him but he kept flying away. For almost five minutes she was running around trying to kiss this bird and she looked ridiculous!

3. the green of trees and bushes;
the blue of lake water;
the red of her jacket
and open collar; the brown
of her pinned-up hair,
and her horse, deep
in the yellow of sunflowers.
 - This is from a poem called "Girl Riding a Horse in a Field of Sunflowers" by David Allen Evans. I really like how it is really descriptive and you can picture in your mind all of the different colors. To me, it's like the perfect definition of summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment