Thursday, October 6, 2011

Almost Finished!

In the book I'm reading, The Tenth Circle, I feel like Trixie is the average teenage girl in this world. To me, many girls are just like her, trying to find her place in this world. She is trying to figure out who she is and why she does certain things. She ran away and went to Alaska because her dad grew up there and he told her that when people want to disappear they go there. *Side note: She keeps saying how cold it is there and that makes me think of winter and how much I hate it. She even dyed her hair from red to black so  no one would notice her. There is a K300 sled dog race in Alaska and Trixie said that she was someone she wasn't. She had to ride on a snowmobile with a guy her age named Willie and at first she was scared because of what happened to her in her past. It was going to take them hours to get to where they needed to be and the snowstorm got really bad so they had to sleep outside in the middle of nowhere. This may sound silly but I am proud of Trixie because she slept outside with a total stranger. Yes, she had no choice but she carried herself better than I thought she would. In order for them to get warmer, Willie suggested that they take off their clothes. Trixie actually did it and I think that when she woke up she was pleased with herself and Willie for not taking advantage of her. I think that in that moment she learned that she can trust men more now. That is a huge step from where she was. Trixie and Willie got to know each other better and they have kissed. Trixie said that that one kiss was better than even knowing who Jason was. I think that she is truly happy now and she should be. She has had a rough life and she deserves to be happy. I only have 17 pages left, I think, and I can't wait to see how it turns out!

No comments:

Post a Comment