Thursday, October 27, 2011

Sing You Home

For starters, the paragraph on the inside cover of this book is completely different from what the book is actually about. Okay, it has something to do with the book but it mentions nothing about the main "theme". First, in the beginning of the book, Zoe is married to Max. Right now....Zoe is married to Vanessa. This is not mentioned at all on the inside cover. It goes very much in depth into the lesbian lifestyle, something that I am not interested in at all. Maybe, just maybe, if I knew this book would be like this, I might not have picked it up to read. Although I cannot relate to this book, in a big way like I had hoped to, I keep feeling the need to read it more and more. I am on page 246 and a couple of hours ago I was in the 100's. I usually don't read this much but I can't seem to put the book down. I can connect to when Zoe is talking about her job, a music therapist. She is currently meeting with a suicidal teenage girl named Lucy. She keeps saying that music is a way that she can release what she is feeling inside and not feel guilty about it. I know that when I am stressed out I can listen to music and feel much better. That is the only way that I can connect with this book. Maybe I will finish this book this weekend, I don't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment