Sunday, October 30, 2011

Good book!

I think I spent all day Friday reading this book, but I didn't finish it. I finished it yesterday. Sing You Home by Jodi Picoult is a different kind of book. Basically the whole book is about a court case. In the beginning it leads up to it so the actual court case doesn't happen until the middle of the book.When Max and Zoe were married they tried and tried to have a baby. They couldn't produce one so they used medical treatment to help them out. When they got divorced they still had three frozen embryos. They said that they totally forgot about them when they were deciding who gets what but I don't know if I believe them or not. When Zoe got remarried to Vanessa, obviously they couldn't have a baby the normal way and then Zoe remembered about the embryos. Well, Max didn't want the embryos, for himself, but he certainly did not want the baby to grow up in a household that had two mothers and no father. He said that's not what the Bible says. The Bible says that homosexuality is a sin. So from that point on, the court case is happening and if you want to know who wins, I guess you will have to read it for yourself. The ending is really good. The book keeps you wanting to know more, I guess. During the court case, each side keeps coming up with really good points and you really don't have a clue as to who is going to win until the very last couple of pages. I think the title is important to. Zoe is a musical therapist so I think that's why it has the word sing in it. I think the "you home" part of it is that Zoe is going to sing or bring the embryos home. To which family? Nobody knows...

No comments:

Post a Comment