Friday, October 14, 2011

Quarterly

I am really glad I am taking this class. Usually by the end of a quarter I would have read maybe one book. I get so consumed with homework and other activities that I don't read even though I like to. I am on my 4th book, I believe, and I found out that the more I read, the more relaxed I feel. I am not getting stressed out as much as last year or the year before. At the beginning of the year I told myself that I wanted to try to read all of Nicholas Sparks' books but I have only read one so far. The others are by Jodi Picoult and the book I am currently reading is by William P. Young. This is the first book I have read by him and I enjoy his writing style. I might read more books by him in the future. I tend to find myself reading right before I go to bed. I tell myself that I am going to read at least 30 pages but then I get tired and fall asleep after 10 pages. I think for next quarter I will try to read right after school so I can calm down from all the activity from school and go into my own little world. By doing that I think I will read more than 150 words a week. Right now, I am reading just enough, 150 pages. My goal for next quarter is to read more than 150 pages. I really enjoy reading and it keeps me from stressing out a lot, which is exactly what I don't need.

No comments:

Post a Comment