Tuesday, October 11, 2011

New Book!

I finished my book the same night that I said I only had 17 pages left. It was really good. I would recommend it to almost anybody if they enjoy books written by Jodi Picoult. The book I'm reading now is called The Shack by William P. Young. Here is a picture of it if you were wondering:


My church recommended that we read it a couple of years ago and my mom bought it and read it. I was going to read it but I got caught up with homework and other things so I didn't really read that much. Over the weekend I asked my mom what book I wanted to read next. I wanted to read Heaven is for Real, but it was checked out at the library. My mom told me to read this since we had it and I was like okay, why not? It is a religious book so if you're not religious you probably don't want to read this book or maybe even this post. At the beginning the dad and his three children go camping right before school starts for the year. It was supposed to be a good start to the school year but it didn't turn out that way. The family became good friends with two other families there and two of his kids wanted to go canoeing with the other family's kids. The youngest didn't or couldn't rather because she was a little too young. She was only six at the time. The canoe tipped over so the dad went to go help him. While he was gone, the youngest, Missy, was kidnapped. The police and everybody was looking for her for a couple of days and they found her red bloody dress and a shack and they assumed she was murdered. Now, a few years later, the dad, Mack, got a letter in the mail telling him to go back to the shack. At first he was really scared and he thought that if was Missy's killer but  the letter was signed "Papa." Only his family and people who really know them call God, Papa. So now he thinks that God is telling him to go to the shack so he can "explain" himself for the death of Missy. I think I am going to enjoy this book because it shows you that when times are tough, God is always there for you even if you don't think he is. He loves you!

No comments:

Post a Comment