Tuesday, October 4, 2011

The Tenth Circle

This book is very depressing. I suggest that if you don't like depressing books, then don't read it, read House Rules. It's also by Jodi Picoult and it's a very good book, but not depressing. In this story, this girl gets raped and the boy who supposedly "raped her" is getting a lot of attention, as normal. He is a very good hockey player and he is the center of attention at everything. Recently he committed suicide. At first they thought he committed suicide but now they think it was a homicide, and they are blaming Trixie. Now, everyone is sad and depressed because of obvious reasons and Trixie ran away. For me reading about suicide is very hard because I don't know why anyone would want to do that to themselves. If they feel that poorly of themselves then they should seek counseling, or at least tell somebody. They don't think about the lasting effect it would have on their family. Now you know why I said it's depressing. A while ago my cousin committed suicide. I was very young so I don't remember it but now my uncle blames himself for everything. Whenever I hear about suicide I automatically think of him and it's lasting effect on my family. I wish I would had have the chance to meet him because he seems like a really great person. My uncle lives in North Carolina and I think I have seen him, face to face, maybe...3 times? He doesn't believe in God anymore because of what Daniel did and he keeps himself isolated from the rest of his family. I feel really bad for him and I wish there was something I could do for him. I hope this story starts to be happy again...I only have a little bit left to read so it better start getting happy again.

No comments:

Post a Comment