Friday, September 30, 2011

Currently

Books I read this week:
The Tenth Circle by Jodi Picoult

Pages this week: 203
Pages this semester: 990

Favorite sentences this week:

1. "It was the kind of cold that made your eyelashes freeze the minute you walked outside and the inside of your nostrils feel like shattered glass." (The Tenth Circle)
 - I like this sentence because it is very descriptive and I'm sure everyone can relate to it.

2. "In comics, heroes escaped and villains lost and not even death was permanent." (The Tenth Circle)
 - In comics everything goes by plan. In real life, nothing goes how you want it to go. Comic books seem so perfect.

3. "If someone told me to hop on one foot for a day and a half, I'd have to do it." (Ella Enchanted)
 - If you didn't know the story of Ella Enchanted then you would think this sentence is funny but actually it's pretty sad because she has to do every order that she is given.

No comments:

Post a Comment