Friday, September 23, 2011

Sentences of the Month

Books I read this week:
My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult

Pages I read this week: 163
Pages this semester: 787

Sentences of the Month:

1. "He stopped walking and picked up a couple of small seashells that caught his eye." (Message in a Bottle)
2. "Just before seven A.M. on Sunday, an octopus walks into the station." (My Sister's Keeper)
3. "Preston looks like he's made out of plastic." (My Sister's Keeper)

My favorite sentence of the month has to be the first one. It reminds me of my vacation to St. Augustine, Florida. It was the first time I had been there and I am going back next summer right after school gets out. Almost every morning my mom and I would go out in the early morning and look for seashells that we could take home with us. It was very peaceful there and this sentence is also peaceful.

No comments:

Post a Comment