Friday, September 16, 2011

Poet of the Month

My top three poems of the month:

1. "September Twelfth, 2001" - X.J. Kennedy
2. "Marcus Millsap: School Day Afternoon" - Dave Etter
3. "Driving Toward the Lac Qui Parle River" - Robert Bly

These three poems really spoke to me when I read them. The first poem is about the day after 9/11. Two people are thinking about what they saw the day before. It really makes me feel grateful for my life and that I haven't had to go through something tragic like that. I really like the second and third one because they have a lot of imagery. If I can picture what I am reading then I usually like it. The poem"School Day Afternoon" is about a child that is picturing what he or she is going to do when school is over for the day. I do that everyday because my day starts when I get home from school. Most of the poem is taking place outside and I love to be outside. If the weather is nice out, I will do my homework outside. The third poem also takes place outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment