Tuesday, September 6, 2011

New book!

I finished Message in a Bottle last Friday night. The first thing I want to say is that it was so sad. I think I cried throughout the last 50 pages or so. It took a complete twist that I was not expecting. I could not put the book down so I think I read for about 2 hours that night. I would definitely recommend it to anybody that likes chick flicks. Now, the only thing left to do is watch the movie. Even though I haven't seen the movie, I can already say that the book is better. Books are always better than the movie, hands down! In movies, they always seem to leave out the really important stuff, for some reason, and I don't like it. It changes the book completely.

Now I'm reading My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult. I know I said I would read another Nicholas Sparks book but the books I still need to read were checked out. So my second favorite author is Jodi Picoult. I have only read 2 of her books, House Rules and Nineteen Minutes and they were awesome! I have seen the movie to this book, that I am currently reading, and I also cried while watching it. When I checked this book out, the lady at the counter said, "Be careful of this book. It's a real tear-jerker!" I replied with, "Oh I know!" Some of you might say, "You've seen the movie, why read the book?" Well, like I said earlier, the books are always better and I watched the movie years ago. I'm not that far into it yet but already it's really good. So far, this 16 year old girl, Kate, was diagnosed with a rare form of Leukemia at the age of 2. Just by reading that, you can tell that it's a sad book. This young girl has spent the last 14 years of her life dealing with something that most teenagers don't know anything about. That's terrible as it is. Who knows how much longer she will have to keep going before she goes into remission. And that's just the beginning of the amazing book!

No comments:

Post a Comment