Friday, September 2, 2011

Currently

Books I read this week:
Message in a Bottle by Nicholas Sparks

Pages this week: 158
Pages this semester: 322

Favorite sentences this week:

1. If your face is swollen from the severe beating of life, smile and pretend to be a fat man.
        - Little Bee

2.. "Sometimes, I swear you think I just fell of the turnip truck and bumbled through life without learning anything along the way."
       - Message in a Bottle

3. Excuse me for learning your language properly.
        - Little Bee

My favorite sentence of the week has to be the first one. When I read it I literally laughed out loud. It's kind of mean but it's funny at the same time. I have been thinking about it since I read it. The second one is also funny because you don't hear about turnip trucks anymore. At least I don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment